Friday, February 17, 2012

Max's Resto Day 3 Interview

Is this real? Is this a fantasy? The final interview for Max's Resto finally arrived after what seems like an eternity of interviews. After exams and the three interviews, the final one has finally arrived. We were told to be there by 3PM, but interview only started at what? 4:15PM? Whiled the time away by sketching, thinking of food, and chatting with the other applicants. There were only around twenty of us now and we were pretty familiar with each other, so it was a cool atmosphere and even got pretty noisy at some point. It was cool how we were all rooting for each other, despite that we were all practically fighting over who gets the job here.


At around 6PM I got interviewed since they started interviewing the supervisors/managers/kitchen applicants first and the dining area applicants later. The chinese franchise owner in Valenzuela, with his wife, was doing the interviews.


When it was my turn to be interviewed, it was pretty laughable because the interviewer was asking me why I was applying for waitress when my experiences were more solid in the kitchen area. I almost facepalmed laughing. He made a good guess and asked me if I wanted to be a waitress or if someone just put me there. I laughed a little and told him that the previous interviewers at Max's told me that I'll only be considered for waitress and that was all I was qualified for (despite their advertisements saying otherwise). I laughed at the irony of it all as we talked about food and cupcakes and good practice in the kitchen. The lady interviewer (the chinese guy's wife?) told me that I shouldn't show interviewers my hands because they're one thing that make interviewers doubt that I actually cook, they don't look like they're suited for work. That realization hit me just then.


Just be yourself with these Chinese entrepreneurs. They're pretty cool. I went to SM North EDSA, my fave shopping spot, after the interview to get some sandwich and then go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment