Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 2 Max's Restaurant Interview

It's the second day of my now-long leg of interviews for Max's Restaurant.You can read the first part of my interview here


Don't you just hate it when you have to come back three or more times for a job (which will only pay you minimum wage and around 6-8k a month)? Max's has to thank God they're a good name in the local industry when it comes to restos, or else this would discourage a lot of applicants. 


And the second day... It's pretty uneventful. Had to sit down with all the other applicants (which are still around 30+ in number) and wait to be called to be interviewed by the owner of the SM Valenzuela franchise of Max's. But while he was interviewing, another lady was interviewing, too, and she is, if I understand correctly, also part of the Max's team. She was doing group interviews, while the owner was doing one-on-one interviews.


Well, we had no idea what was going on with two people interviewing, and pretty soon I got called in for an interview with the lady. Quick questions, basic stuff, the quintessential "tell me something about yourself" jig. She also, interestingly, told me that I'd be considered for the waitress position despite the area manager giving me hopes the other day that I can work for the kitchen, and even suggested I try out for the bar. This is what happens when I put on make-up and try to look nice.


And then she told me to come back on Friday. I'm like, "okay".


...And then, "Whut the hell I just used up P200 for this."


A few of us applicants chattered outside as we were going home, and we were like, "Now I'm thinking thrice if I really want to be employed here."


But no pain, no gain. Sadly.

2 comments: