Saturday, February 18, 2012

Revisiting Intramuros

My aunt and I walked around a place both dear to our hearts recently--Intramuros. We grew up here. She grew up here in her youth and I did, too, for almost ten years of my life. Every now and then we take it upon ourselves to go back to where we all originally were from. We love seeing the changes, the improvements, and the things that haven't changed at all.
One big change that wasn't there four years ago when I still frequented Intramuros because of studying there was The Bayleaf Hotel.




The Bayleaf is associated with Lyceum of the Philippines University, where I studied for a good two years, too. The school, by the way, is nice--you have great facilities but not so stressful studies, and LPU has a good name that you'd want on your CV. But that doesn't save you from crappy teachers. You'll still have them. Maybe more of them in a school like this than in a smaller school.


It seems that they accept job applicantions too, but I doubt you'd have a good chance if you weren't a graduate of LPU yourself.


All this stuff really reminds me of a long-buried-should-be-dead-desire to finish my studies in a decent school.


My aunt and I walked around some more, visiting San Agustin church and cute little paper tole souvenir shop nearby. But! I have no pictures! *facepalm*
And then we walked towards the Manila Cathedral and then my aunt took pictures. And then we walked around Fort Santiago.


From the Rizal Shrine/Museum in Fort Santiago. (I almost typed 'Fort Bonifacio' there.)




It was a nice stroll and visit around the historical site and we capped it off by eating at Chow King Solana and then going to SM Manila to have some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment