Monday, February 20, 2012

Cakes at Chocolat

Went out with my cousin and my aunt to window shop at Mall of Asia--bad idea when we were there and it was packed  with people because of the fireworks competition that was going to happen later that night. You'd barely enjoy window shopping when you'd bump into someone in an attempt to just walk. We walked around hoping to find something good but then just gave up and decided to eat something. My cousin wanted to eat cake and so we ended up eating that at Chocolat. The place was packed and we barely had anywhere to sit. When that was resolved, though, we ordered our cakes.


I had the Chocolate Caramel cake (P82) with some ice cold chocolate drink

My cousin Kiss had the Chocolate Hazelnut cake (P88)

My aunt had a cup of cappuccino.

Kiss and I taking a pic together before eating.

Chocolat seems to make their cakes in the same area, because there are staff making cakes by the counters and icing them as we ate. The cake slices are priced at around P80-P120, which is the price range you'd expect for cake slices in other cake shops and bakeries too.

The cake tasted good enough. The cake was moist and the chocolate flavor not too sweet; just right. Its a bit filling after a slice or two. I like it but it doesn't haunt me and make me want to immediately buy another one. Maybe next time I'll try another flavor? Red Ribbon still has my favorite cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment