Friday, April 13, 2012

Cheap Stuff: Pure Beauty Perfect Cleansing Liquid and Pomenegrate Eye Cream

I promised myself I'd review my latest make-up love that I bought at a really cheap price at Watsons. Working girls have to put make-up (aka gunk) on their face every day, and have to remove it every night (unless you want break outs). So we always need a good, cheap make-up remover. I stick to washing my face and using a toner until I found Watson's Pure Beauty Perfect Cleansing Liquid.




The best part about this baby is that it's on sale at 99. I read other reviews out there and this thing was apparently released last year July, and it sold then for up to 400. NOW it's only 99! What sorcery is this?


Now to put it to the test!


Me with some eye and brow make-up.

Just some eyeshadow eyeliner, and brow pencil.

With the cleansing oil all over my face. Just rub it in like it's facial wash.

After rinsing with water.

Did it take out my...
  • Light powder make-up (eyeshadow, face powder, powder blush-on)? Yup. Pretty easily.
  • Waterproof make-up (waterproof liquid eyeliner, mascara)? Yeah, surprisingly. I'm sure it depends on your brand, but for the usual durgstore brands and for Covergirl, it works. I just rub gently a little at my eyelashes to take the mascara out.
  • Lead/pencil make-up (eyebrow liner, pencil eyeliner)? Yes, and pretty easily, as you can see in the pics above. The only difficulty was getting the black liner out of my lower lash line/waterline, but no one simply gets that out easily.

It's pretty effective and is a steal at 99. I only put on light make-up so I'm not one to judge for those gals who put on super-waterproof and stay-proof make-up, but after cleaning my face with this, I used some toner just to be sure and found out that my toner didn't pick up any more make-up after I used this! Already amazing for me. AND there's no sting in my eyes when I used it to remove my eye-make-up! They also have Perfect Cleansing Oil for more stubborn waterproof make-up, and Perfect Cleansing Water for more sensitive skin (which you can use with cotton balls if you're a cotton ball kinda gal).


PROS:
I got it ultra cheap.
Doesn't sting the eyes.
Removes mascara and liquid eyeliner.
Comes with a pump stopper so you don't accidentally spill the product.
You can use it without needing cotton balls. (I hate having to buy cotton balls.)
A lot of product at 190ml.
Skin doesn't feel dry and tight after use. Rather, it feels soft and moisturized.


CONS:
You have to rinse it off with water after using it.




Another baby I got was the Pure Beauty Pomenegrate Eye Cream. It was on sale at buy 1 take 1 for 99. I swear not buying things just when they are released pays off.


It's actually pretty effective! I've used eye products like Garnier eye roll-on to reduce the fugliness of my eyes, and this baby actually does its work. I see the effects every day. And again... ultra cheap.


You don't just have to be a sale junkie. You have to be lucky to get actual good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment