Tuesday, January 24, 2012

HAPPY LEMON Job Interview Experience



During our CBTL initial interview at Greenhills, I met two girls who know a common person with me, they’re Shiney and Karen. When the interviewer asked us to just come back later for our interview, we checked out the Happy Lemon milk tea/coffee+milk+tea fusion place, which is owned by TV host/athlete/epic-World-Vision-sponsor Chris Tiu. I had a Cocoa + Milk Tea fusion something, and then we saw that they were hiring people, so the three of us passed some CVs. Got called a few days after (five days after, to be exact) for an interview at their Greenhills Branch. Showed up there at 11AM and remet Shiney and Karen.
Had to wait a few minutes (half an hour, I think) for the interview to begin, there was an employee meeting going on or something. And then the interview began, some guy was called in first. The store had glass panels, so we could see him being interviewed inside. He looked like he couldn’t care less while he was being interviewed. He was out of the door and the interview was finished in a very, very short moment. That’s a sign that we won’t be seeing him in the job.
Shiney and Karen were interviewed next, they took ages to finish, haha. That’s a good sign. They came out triumphant. They told me that the interviewer, Ms. Marielle, talked in gay lingo and was very straightforward and nice. Great. I came in  next. The questions asked of me were so basic. Just about me, my family, what your parents or siblings did for a living, whether you owned your place or rented it, just that, and then she told me to come tomorrow for training at 7AM. Then it was done and over in one-eight of the time she interviewed Shiney or Karen. Huh. She didn’t even really ask me anything. Well, that was easy.
Anyway, if you’re looking for a quick employment wherein you can start training ASAP, I suggest you pass a CV here. Training allowance is 250PHP/day and training lasts for 2 weeks.
System is still a bit fishy here, though, since they’re a new place. I was late for the training the next day and arrived at 9 AM damn EDSA traffic so the TL there just told me to come back tomorrow. I accepted it coolly and decided to just come back tomorrow.  But then I heard from Shiney and Karen that a guy actually came an hour later than me but was not asked to go home. Now THAT is just hitting below the belt and is unfair.
My mom later got angry and told me not to come the next day. Tut. Oh well. HAPPY LEMON texted me the same day though to ask if I was still interested. I was STILL interested (my mom just wasn’t) and they asked why I didn’t come to training today. I just said that I was late the previous day and asked to come back tomorrow but a guy showed up an hour later than me and was not, so I figured they had a problem with me.
After a few hours they texted back and told me to report tomorrow but call on a certain person first. I texted back and asked on who I should call and what was the number and who was it, and the person who texted back had the same number but was a different person. What is this. Did they just borrow some employee’s CP who had unlitext or something to my network to text me what in the world.
Cut them some slack. They’re new to the field and they need people, so pass a CV to them if you’re interested and if you probably won't have to travel three hours to the place like I do.
Yes, it’s minimum wage. If you have a question, please ask me. ;p

5 comments:

  1. hi i searched google for some people who had experience with happy lemon then i found your site :) thanks for some infos.. anyway i just want to ask if you ave any ideas with regards to their hiring for Manageent Trainees.. how much they offer or what are their criterias etc. hehe. thanks and GOd bless. :) i want to make a comparison kasi with other companies. thanks again dear. :) _rhiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tumatangap pa po sila ng service crew at saan po yung branch

    Salamat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. saan po yung office na pinag-interviewhan sayo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi :) Happened to find your article while searching for barista job openings. Is there an email where I could send them a CV? Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sa greenhills annapolis po b un offic nila?

    ReplyDelete